Place: Institut de Ciències del Mar (ICM), CSIC, Barcelona
Salary: depending on skills, background and experience
Contract period: Immediate incorporation
Institute of Marine Science – CSIC
The Institute of Marine Science (Institut de Ciències del Mar, ICM-CSIC) is the fourth largest research institute of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) and the largest dedicated to marine research. Under the motto “Ocean Science for a Healthy Planet,” the ICM conducts frontier research and foster both knowledge and technology transfer on topics related to ocean and climate interactions, conservation and sustainable use of marine life and ecosystems, and impact mitigation of natural and anthropogenic hazards. In-depth knowledge, determined action, and coordinated management are essential to confronting these global challenges, thereby driving sustainable development of humankind.
CSIC and all its research center were awarded with the "HR Excellence in Research" seal in 2021. This recognition reflects our commitment to continuously improving our human resources policies in line with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. Recruitment at ICM is open, transparent and merit-based, and all applicants compete on the same terms.
What we are looking for
We are seeking for a research project manager to support Dr. Marta Coll in the management of her research projects and research group, more specifically, in developing the following tasks:
- European and national R&D projects management: financial follow-up, coordination, technical and financial reports support, contact with projects partners and funding bodies. Relevant projects: GES4SEAS & MarinePlan
- Group’s internal administration activities in coordination with ICM’s and CSIC administration
- Strategic activities, including outreach initiatives, science dissemination and event organization
- Grants opportunities search: international and national calls to fund projects and fellowships in coordination with ICM’s research support office
- Proposals preparation and submission: participation in writing proposals, budgets, submission and follow-up
Expected background and skills:
- Master or PhD in any science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) discipline
- Previous minimum 1 year experience in research activities
- Proficient in oral and written English and Spanish
We will value:
- Experience in marine science research
- Specific training and work experience in R&D project management (European and Spanish funded R&D projects)
- Knowledge of the Spanish and European research environment (Horizon Europe, AEI funding opportunities, etc.) and its customary practices (open science, research integrity, etc.)
- Proactivity, problem-solving skills and team-player attitudes
- Immediate incorporation
- Full-time dedication
- Salary depending on skills, background and experience
- Possibility to teleworking up to 3 days a week
- Sporadic travelling may be required
Located in Barcelona, the ICM (www.icm.csic.es) offers an inspiring multidisciplinar environment for marine research professionals facilitating networking opportunities with experts in marine physics, marine geosciences, marine biology, marine chemistry, fisheries and aquaculture management, and technological development). We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
Interested candidates, Send your CV, a cover letter and a contact details with emails of two referees to Marta Coll: email@example.com
The position will be opened until filled.