The Facility is dedicated to the pre-treatment (drying, grinding, filtration. etc ... ) of marine sediment and seawater samples and to carry out sedimentological, geochemical and geotechnical analyses of marine sediment samples.
Some of these activities are:
- Characterization of particle size
- Elemental Analysis: C/N. TOC. Mercury
- Processing samples of Sediment Traps
- Quantification of the biogenic opal and calcium carbonate.
- Density, magnetic susceptibility and wave P-velocity profiles with a multisensory core logger system.
- Consistency limits and sediment moisture and density
- Compressibility, permeability and strength characteristics (CRS and IL consolidation, triaxial testing, flow-through permeability)
- HORIBA LA-950V2 Analyzer
- TRUSPEC LECO C/N
- LECO AMA254 Advanced Mercury
- Spectrophotometer SHIMAOZU UV-VIS
- JENCONS Perimatic peristaltic pump dispenser and JENCONS Perimatic P
- Telstar Lyoalfa 10- 55
- Mulli-Sensor Core Logger (MSCL) GEOTECH
- GDS Instruments Triaxial Automated System (Load Frame type).
- GDS Instruments Constant Rate of Strain Cell (CRS in Load Frame type).
- GDS Instruments Consolidation Testing System (Rowe and Barden Type)
- ELE Automated British fall cone